Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Happy to help

That was as good as it got for a number of weeks until Steph, a girl from work, asked if anyone could help her move some stuff out of her house.

Steph was a few years younger than me and had only recently started at our workplace. At 180cms with long blonde hair, blue eyes, small rimmed glasses and a size 10 figure most men would die for, she was the center of attention with most of the male workforce, until it seemed she needed some help.

She had recently split from her husband and needed to move some personal belongings out of the house. I offered when everyone else had something better to do, we were to meet up the following day.

I pulled up outside her parents house and sounded the horn. The curtains of the lounge window moved to one side as she waved, a big beaming smile eminated from her radient face. Within a few seconds she appeared at the car door and jumped in the passenger seat next to me.

"Thanks for this," she said "I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't offered to help me."
"It's no problem, really." I replied. There was no way we would have got all the stuff she was looking to bring back in her car anyway.

It was a short drive round the corner to the house and to my relief her former husband was at work. Steph went through the house like a blood hound, looking for this and that, gathering up her possesions and boxing them, before I could feel useful by carrying them to the car.

All the while she remained upbeat, laughing, joking, telling me stories on events past and present and flirting wildly like some teenage kid with a superstar crush. I loved the attention and to be honest it was hard to concrentrate on the job in hand. Before I knew it we had loaded the car to capacity and while I waited downstairs, Steph looked round the house one final time to see if she had missed anything. It was a couple of minutes before I heard her shout down to me.

"Can you come up?"

5 Comments:

Blogger Green Eyes said...

And the man continues to know just where to end the post!

July 18, 2006 4:39 pm  
Blogger shagnasty said...

Be honest, you wouldn't want it any other way ;)

July 18, 2006 7:11 pm  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Well, see, honestly, I have zero patience, so I really do like to have my cake and eat it too! *wink

July 18, 2006 9:08 pm  
Blogger shagnasty said...

you almost sound like an aries

July 18, 2006 10:55 pm  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Close! But, no cigar!

July 19, 2006 2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home